2016 has already been an eventful year. Here is a summary of the key activities so far:
The Assessment Programme proceeds well with, so far 27 of the planned 52 audits witnessed over 20 visits planned for 2016. QACE is pleased to report general continued improvements, effective consideration of recommendations and focus areas, increasingly effective trend analysis to identify weakness areas and effective corrective actions. Continually improving planning has seen a decrease in changed audit arrangements; a problem associated with ship operation arrival schedules and the consequent availability of auditors.
- The Annual Assessor’s Meeting is held at the QACE office in London to plan the 2016 QACE Assessment Programme.
- London office Board Meeting and welcome to the new President, Lloyds Register’s Andrew Kennedy for his first full meeting.
- An Individual Recommendations visit was made to the Korean Register of Shipping.
- QACE participated in the annual IACS Auditor Refresher Training Course, this time in Busan, Korea.
- QACE completes a successful ISO 9001:2008 surveillance audit “The company is a small well-organised operation, with a clear vision of what it is trying to achieve.”
- The Chairman and Sectary General present at the EU member States Committee of Safe Seas (COSS) Meeting in Brussels, raising awareness of the QACE organization, activities, results of assessments and recommendations.
- The first of the biennial IACS/QACE Meeting for 2016 to continue the important working relationship and ensure QACE involvement in the QSCS Scheme that it adopts. This time held at the IACS office in London.
- QACE publish the 2015 Annual Report and 2016 Collective Recommendations online
- QACE provide the International Maritime Organisation member State and adviser with the 2015 Annual Report and 2016 Collective Recommendations and the first of what will be biannual Stakeholder Surveys (link).
- The European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA) carry out an inspection for QACE compliance with the EU Regulation (EC) No. 391 2009, Article 11 requirements.
- QACE hold the mid-year Board Meeting, again at the London office.